- Set a timer for five minutes.
- Sit with a straight spine on the floor or in a chair with your feet flat.
- Close your eyes and inhale for a count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of four.
- Exhale for a count of four.
- Hold for a count of four.
- Repeat until the alarm sounds.
Box breathing is rooted in an Ayurvedic form of breathwork called pranayama that originated in India and is practiced in yoga, explains Tal Rabinowitz, founder and CEO of The DEN Meditation in Los Angeles. “It has incredibly ancient roots, with different techniques for calming, bringing in energy, refining focus, and relaxing the nervous system; however, the military popularized it and brought it mainstream,” she says.Categorised in: Uncategorized